- Mapping Applications to Geomagnetic Environments -
Welcome to the MAGE Project Webpage!
Here we produce and release KML files, used with Google Earth, for
visualization of the geomagnetic fields.
- 2012/10/03: updated KML files of the current field and the last 100yr field with new IGRF model (11th)
- 2012/03/08-10: modified KML files for all magnetic field lines (MFLs) to adjust the change of the specification of latest Google Earth versions (after 6)
- 2010/12/24: recalculation of MFLs and contour maps and release new KML files for Geodynamo model by Sakuraba and Roberts (2009)
- Page of list of all products are opened (2010/12/22)
- Fully renewal English pages (2010/12/11)
- New video of how to use with Japanese/English captions (2010/12/08)
- Release KML files for Geodynamo simulation with reversal(2010/12/07)
- KML files of reversal transition model replaced.
We are grateful to Google Inc. for providing Google Earth, a cool globe framework to plot data and images.
We also thank all informants of geomagnetic, paleomagnetic and geodynamo data used here.